CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Lisa Garner has support of Draper mayor to become next city judge
DRAPER, Utah — Draper Mayor Troy Walker has recommended the city council approve the appointment of Lisa Garner as the new city judge.
The appointment is scheduled for Oct. 4 during the city council meeting. If appointed, Garner would begin her new role on Jan. 18, 2023.
Current Draper Judge Daniel Bertsch will retire at the end of the year.
“Ms. Garner has an impressive variety of legal expertise from her 25-year professional career that I know will be a huge asset as Draper City Justice Court Judge,” Walker said in a news release. “I highly recommend her for this position.”
Since 2015, Garner has served in the role of city attorney/city prosecutor for Midvale. Prior to that, she worked with the Salt Lake Legal Defenders. She also had a private criminal defense practice.
Additionally, she has experience in title insurance industry and has practiced in the areas of real estate and contract law.
“In this position, I want to implement my experience to help balance the needs that Draper City has in protecting the community,” Garner said in a news release. “While also ensuring that all those who find themselves appearing in the justice court are treated fairly and respectfully, given the opportunity to be heard, and given the services and opportunities they need to succeed.”
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Murray doctor charged with sexual exploitation of a minor
- The Salt Lake Temple renovation has a new completion date
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Mother tells of her escape from addiction and being homeless
- Median price of a home declines for first time in a decade, what it means for Utah
- Should the Bible be banned from school libraries?
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski collision trial in Utah enters third day
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski crash trial begins in Park City, lawyer calls it “B.S.”
- Man arrested for suspicion of arson in Orem house fire