CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Man in custody after allegedly crashing stolen SUV in SLC
SALT LAKE CITY — A 26-year-old man is in custody after Salt Lake City Police say he allegedly crashed a stolen SUV Monday morning.
Police say the investigation into the incident began at 8:19 a.m. An officer was in the area of 1000 W. North Temple when he saw a suspicious SUV in a parking lot of an area business. He saw multiple people surrounding the vehicle.
However, police say those individuals immediately walked away from the SUV when they noticed the officer. The SUV also left the business at a high rate of speed.
The officer began a search of the SUV and found that it had crashed into a traffic light at 1000 W. North Temple.
Police say the driver’s side airbag had deployed. The driver, who police identify as Johnny Quintana fled from the scene.
A witness to the crash pointed law enforcement personnel to where Quintana was. Police say that he was safely taken into custody. Police say that Quintana had suffered minor injuries from the crash and was taken to an area hospital for treatment.
During their investigation, police discovered the SUV had been stolen overnight from another city and Quintana was driving on a suspended driver’s license.
Police say Quintana was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of receiving stolen property, hit and run, driving on a suspended license and improper lane travel.
- SLCPD investigating two-vehicle crash involving stolen truck
- Stolen vehicle crashed by suspect; child injured, police say
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Murray doctor charged with sexual exploitation of a minor
- The Salt Lake Temple renovation has a new completion date
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Mother tells of her escape from addiction and being homeless
- Median price of a home declines for first time in a decade, what it means for Utah
- Should the Bible be banned from school libraries?
- Man arrested for suspicion of arson in Orem house fire
- False threat near the TRAX Daybreak Parkway Station
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski crash trial begins in Park City, lawyer calls it “B.S.”