CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Suspect still at large after double homicide in Taylorsville
TAYLORSVILLE, Utah — Police are investigating a double homicide that happened in Taylorsville overnight.
According to Sgt. Neal with the Taylorsville Police Department, a call of shots fired in the area of 4545 South and Atherton Dr. came in around 11:30 p.m on Monday.
Authorities arrived within minutes and found the two deceased males in a car at the Atherton Park Apartments.
“Right now, we have (a) double homicide, two male victims shot at the Atherton Park Apartments, [The] suspect fled on foot and is still outstanding,” said Neal.
“It looks like the shooting incident happened and then the vehicle that the two victims were in, continued forward for a short period of time and encountered a fence at the apartment complex.”
Neal said a possible connection between the shooter and the victims is unknown at this time but police do not believe there is a threat to the public.
- UPD investigating Sunday night shooting in Murray
- One arrested and stolen car recovered in Taylorsville
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found at 600N, I-15 Southbound
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Clearfield power and traffic alert
- Utah’s COVID-19 transmissions slowed but still present
- Robbery at swap meet leaves one victim shaken up
- Full interlodge in effect for Alta and Snowbird ski area
- Winter-like temperatures sticking around
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- What you can do about snow mold in your lawn
- Salt Lake carjacking suspect dead, investigation continues