CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Woman suffers minor burns, dog dies in motorhome fire in Snowville
SNOWVILLE, Utah — A 58-year-old woman from Washington suffered minor hand and facial burns after the motorhome she was sleeping in caught on fire Monday morning. She was parked at the Flying J Gas Station in Snowville.
The Box Elder County Sheriff’s Office says the woman accidentally knocked over a propane heater, which caught a blanket on fire.
Additionally, authorities say she was the only occupant of the motorhome along with a small dog. The woman was injured as a result of attempting to rescue the dog. Unfortunately, the dog was later found deceased.
The woman was treated and released at an area hospital for her burns. However, emergency personnel says the motorhome and everything inside is a complete loss.
A truck belonging to the gas station also suffered damage due to the fire.
- Explosion inside motorhome being investigated
- Man evaluated after motorhome destroyed, arson investigation continues
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- A third person has died after a multi-car crash in Box Elder
- Nashville school shooter had drawn maps, done surveillance
- Lake effect snow causes school delays, remote learning in northern Utah
- Man suing Gwyneth Paltrow for $300,000+ to testify in Utah ski crash trial
- Wrong way driver leads to fatal crash in Weber County
- Monday morning commute could be affected by additional inches of snow
- Salt Lake County Animal Services looking for a home for Amy Swinehouse
- Sandy Police officer involved in fatal shooting
- What vital signs will show us that the Great Salt Lake is improving?