One hospitalized after Tooele house destroyed in fire
TOOELE, Utah — A Tooele home is a total loss and one occupant was hospitalized early Wednesday morning.
Officials with the Tooele Fire Department said crews responded to the area of 200 South and 200 West and found flames and heavy smoke coming from the home.
Both of the home’s occupants were able to escape, but authorities said one of the occupants was hospitalized for smoke inhalation.
Neighbors told KSL TV they were awakened by police pounding on their doors, telling them to evacuate
🔥BREAKING: Firefighters are in Tooele on the corner near 200 S 200 W.
Talking w neighbors who live in house right beside the home on fire.
Says 2 people live inside. Both able to get out. One taken to hospital. Doesn’t think all their pets made it out.
We’re live on @KSL5TV pic.twitter.com/d7Wv5bs3A1
— Karah Brackin (@KB_ON_TV) March 8, 2023
This is a breaking story and will be updated.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- 16-year-old dead, 2 other teens injured in fatal crash in Juab County
- Possible clothing thief at Brigham Young University
- Auto-motorcycle crash sends one to hospital, causes TRAX delays
- Moab takes ‘a big step’ with launch of its 1st transit service
- At least 13 dead after magnitude 6.8 earthquake shakes Ecuador
- Spanish Fork Holi Festival of Colors, coming soon
- Elk relocation and sections of I-80 closure
- Springville Police Officer has been shot and the suspect is dead.
- Man stranded in Warner Valley slot canyon is in serious condition
- The science behind the gluten-free diet