CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
At least 3 people killed and 2 officers wounded in a shooting in Farmington, New Mexico, police say
May 15, 2023, 2:58 PM
(CNN) — Multiple people were shot and at least three killed in a shooting in Farmington, New Mexico, police said in a Facebook post.
Officers were involved in a shooting with a suspect, who was killed on scene, police said. A Farmington police officer and a New Mexico State Police officer were shot and are being treated for their injuries in the hospital. They are in stable condition.
“The suspect’s identity is unknown and there are no other known threats at this time,” police said in the post. “There are multiple civilian victims with at least 3 deceased.”
The Phoenix division of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) tweeted that it was “responding to a report of a mass shooting” in Farmington.
CNN has reached out to the city’s mayor and the New Mexico governor for comment.
About 46,400 people live in Farmington, which is in northwestern New Mexico, just south of the Colorado state line. It is about 150 miles northwest of Albuquerque.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Parts of Utah experienced a severe thunderstorm, Pride Festival back on
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- Two men electrocuted while cutting a tree in West Jordan
- A congressional resignation, hurry sickness and the need for respectful restraint
- Two injured when semi-truck crashes through garages of complex, hits propane tank
- Following complaint against Bible in schools, Book of Mormon receives complaint for…
- Landspout forms over Salt Lake County. Here’s how that differs from a tornado
- Wildlife officials trying to trap bear after it approached a tent above Bountiful