Three Lehi firefighters injured in housefire, house assumed total loss
Jul 6, 2023, 8:00 PM | Updated: Jul 7, 2023, 1:34 pm
LEHI, Utah — Three Lehi firefighters were injured in a house fire Thursday afternoon. In an update Friday morning, Lehi Police said the fire had been started by a 7-year-old playing with matches.
Video courtesy of Lehi City.
According to a Lehi City email, the housefire took place at 531 E. 350 S. at approximately 1:17 p.m.
Both the Lehi City Fire Department and the Lehi Police Department responded to the fire.
Upon the officer’s arrival, the occupants of the home had already evacuated. In addition to this, Animal Control Officer Tyler Peterson and Traffic Team Sgt. Tyler Smith rescued a dog from the home.
A total of 30 firefighters responded to the scene. Three Lehi firefighters were injured. This includes two firefighters being shocked when the power of the house was unable to be turned off and another suffering heat exhaustion.
Damages include the siding of a neighbor’s home melting and a shed and two vehicles. According to Lehi City, the house is assumed to be a total loss.
Late Wednesday evening, Jeanteil Livingston, with the Lehi Police Department, confirmed to KSL NewsRadio that the fire was started as a result of a 7-year-old attempting to light something with matches on the side of the home.