Bangerter Highway will be closed Friday and Saturday night
Nov 17, 2023, 9:00 PM
(Taylorsville City Hall)
RIVERTON, Utah — Bangerter Highway will be closed in both directions on Friday and Saturday night to remove a couple of bridges. Riverton residents will have to plan for delays and alternate routes.
The Utah Department of Transportation is removing two pedestrian bridges.
🚧 Road Closure on Bangerter Highway
Starting tonight, Nov. 17, at 11 p.m., Bangerter will be closed from 13400 South to 2700 West. The highway will reopen to traffic on Saturday morning then close again on Saturday night at 11 p.m. between 2700 West and 12600 South.
— Utah DOT (@UtahDOT) November 17, 2023
According to UDOT, The first bridge will be removed from 11:00 p.m. Friday until 7:00 a.m. Saturday. Bangerter will close between 13400 South and 2700 West at that time.
The second bridge will be removed from 11:00 p.m. Saturday until 7:00 a.m. on Sunday. Bangerter will close between 2700 West and 12600 South in both directions during that period.
UDOT said several other roads around Bangerter will also be closed during bridge removal. Drivers should be prepared for closures of several surrounding roads, delays and alternate routes.
Riverton City plans to reuse one of the bridges to connect a trail system.
- Fatal auto-pedestrian crashes: Utahns should ‘take responsibility in our driving’
- Sugar House pausing some construction for holiday season
- Construction on Bangerter Highway continues as UDOT preps for bigger changes
- Man dies by electrocution at Riverton Chick-fil-A
- Riverton High teacher wins $50,000 for his automotive classes