Marc Taylor, Copper Hills High School
“Marc Taylor is the Choir director at Copper Hills, and he also teaches ap music theory. I am one of the Copper Hills Madrigals as well as Choir Council, so I’ve spent many hours with Mr. Taylor. One thing I really admire about him is just how strong he is. His personal life has been absolutely crazy for the past 5 years. He has had to fight a battle with cancer, only to be met with his son contracting cancer, as well as his wife very recently and having to go through many surgeries within the past 8 months. Not only this but his mother had just passed away a couple weeks ago. But through it all he still made an effort for his students. He still came to school and encouraged us to be out best. One of his mottos is “Love never fails” and this is one of the reasons he never gives up on us. He pushes us because he knows we have the capability to do difficult things. He makes choir so much fun because its not just a class, its a family. He makes it a point to try and have personal connections with his students. He has helped me grow so much in my time at Copper Hills. Not just in my physical capability, but also as a person. Mr. Taylor is also just a fantastic teacher. He will never have us do busy work, or keep us busy so he can get stuff done. He really focuses on our education and plans his lessons accordingly. He puts in so much effort for us to learn and understand the material. He is also so passionate about what he does and he really shows it. He is kind, compassionate, a hard worker. He is a soilder. Thank you Mr. Taylor.”
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- 16-year-old dead, 2 other teens injured in fatal crash in Juab County
- Bruce Willis’ wife Emma Heming marks his birthday with moving message about grief
- Elk relocation and sections of I-80 closure
- Possible clothing thief at Brigham Young University
- Auto-motorcycle crash sends one to hospital, causes TRAX delays
- Bonneville High School auto mechanics program named best in country
- At least 13 dead after magnitude 6.8 earthquake shakes Ecuador
- Spanish Fork Holi Festival of Colors, coming soon
- Man stranded in Warner Valley slot canyon is in serious condition
- Springville Police Officer has been shot and the suspect is dead.