natalie smith, kauri sue hamiliton
“Natalie works at Kauri Sue Hamiliton, a all special needs school in Jordan school district.
She has patience like no other and can get my special needs boy to do things I can’t even get him to do!
Each and every day, she sends a text to every parent in her class letting her parents know what their child did that day,
all of her students are nonverbal, so without her sending the text, we wouldn’t know a thing or be able to ask our kids
how their day was. The schedule she keep with the kids is ABSOLUTELY amazing! They’ll do reading, math, science,
go swimming, take showers, have lunch, go to seminary, cook in home ec, go to speech and shop….all in 1 day!
I’m exhausted just reading the text. (keep in mind each student in her class has different math lessons, different
spelling words, each student is sooo different and she meets them all where they are!)
She also sets goals with each and every student and sets appointments with families to go over the goals.
Goals include school work along with life skills, things other teachers dont teach, how to tie shoes, brushing teeth,
using the microwave, using speech devices, how to wipe their own butts. behavior issues and social challenges, I’m telling ya she’s amazing!
Natalie and Kauri Sue teachers deserve to be spotlighted! They give their ALL everyday in everyway”
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Rivers Council selling discounted rain barrels as effort toward water conservation
- Possible clothing thief at Brigham Young University
- 16-year-old dead, 2 other teens injured in fatal crash in Juab County
- Bruce Willis’ wife Emma Heming marks his birthday with moving message about grief
- D2 gets to the bottom of the impending arrest of former President Trump
- Why a Trump indictment would have huge political and national implications
- Open house for Richmond Virginia Temple begins this week
- Shoplifting continues to grow nationally, facial recognition may help
- Semi hits car on I-15 in Kaysville, one person taken to hospital
- When is the right age to retire?