Children’s Service Society
The Children’s Service Society of Utah is the oldest, non-denominational child welfare and family support agency in Utah. Since 1884, it has served families and children with childcare resources, parental and caregiver education, and a variety of other services—over the years adapting to the changing needs of Utah’s children and families. Today, the organization continues to fight to prevent child abuse and neglect.
They strive to provide every child in Utah the safety and well-being he or she deserves. This is done through services like Grandfamilies, Adoption, and Home Visitation. They also offer support groups for adult caregivers and children, as well as provide opportunities to participate in social events, recreation, and educational activities to increase family bonding.
With a mission of empowering families and caregivers to do the best for their children, Utah families have a friend in The Children’s Service Society. Through their programs, they are watching out for Utah’s youngest members of society.
SelectHealth recognizes the family support provided by the Children’s Service Society as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- The plan to build an inland port/commerce hub is on hold
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Name change coming to Intermountain Healthcare next year
- Salt Lake City Police respond to five different incidents with weapons
- A new chance for a fighting chance against ovarian cancer
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis
- Intermountain Healthcare purchases land near Ephraim
- U of U students rally in support of Mahsa Amini, woman killed in Iran