Children’s Service Society
The Children’s Service Society of Utah is the oldest, non-denominational child welfare and family support agency in Utah. Since 1884, it has served families and children with childcare resources, parental and caregiver education, and a variety of other services—over the years adapting to the changing needs of Utah’s children and families. Today, the organization continues to fight to prevent child abuse and neglect.
They strive to provide every child in Utah the safety and well-being he or she deserves. This is done through services like Grandfamilies, Adoption, and Home Visitation. They also offer support groups for adult caregivers and children, as well as provide opportunities to participate in social events, recreation, and educational activities to increase family bonding.
With a mission of empowering families and caregivers to do the best for their children, Utah families have a friend in The Children’s Service Society. Through their programs, they are watching out for Utah’s youngest members of society.
SelectHealth recognizes the family support provided by the Children’s Service Society as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- Police investigating fatal auto-pedestrian crash in Salt Lake City
- Suspect still at large after double homicide in Taylorsville
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- South Jordan could see new housing development
- Cold weather causes late start for Logan City School District Wednesday
- Citing ‘dangerously low’ overnight temps, county opens emergency shelter
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter