Utah has one of the highest rates of autism in the nation, and when people hear the word autism they think of beautiful children who struggle with rigid routines & social interaction. But children with autism will spend the majority of their lives as adults with autism, many of whom struggle to get the support they need to lead successful, independent, lives of purpose.
ScenicView Academy in Provo helps young adults with autism live, work, and thrive! Students receive the personalized support they need to obtain gainful employment, live independently, progress in their academic abilities, and engage in meaningful social relationships. Programming is personalized to the student’s individual goals, and their scholarship program ensures that all students have access to affordable tuition.
ScenicView Academy students are mentored by award-winning experts and receive mental health support from clinically licensed therapists, all on a campus designed for the unique sensory needs of autism. To learn more, please visit svacademy.org.
SelectHealth recognizes the critical service provided by ScenicView Academy as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Murray Police warning public to be on lookout for scam
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Saturday morning conference session makes history
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Other paths to consider when thinking about attending college
- ‘Any kind of abuse … is an abomination,’ President Nelson says at Saturday morning session
- The sad history of Tragedy Spring
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- Indonesia stadium riot: At least 127 people reported dead following soccer match, police say
- Parents pushing back on ongoing mask requirement in Utah schools