UTAH GIVES BACK
May 30, 2022, 6:08 AM
It’s time to support the great farmers markets across Utah. The Downtown Farmers Market in Salt Lake City is nationally recognized and was created in 1992 by the Downtown Alliance and it’s become a summer tradition for residents and visitors. Located in historic Pioneer Park, the Downtown Farmers Market has infused vitality and fresh produce into the middle ground between East and West neighborhoods.
The mission of the Market is to support sustainable, regional agriculture; increase access to nutritious, local foods in urban areas; and to educate consumers about shopping local. The vendors at the market represent more than one hundred local farms and ranches and include everything from fresh off the tree apricots to hand-made clay jewelry.
Markets will be held from June to October on Saturday mornings from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at Pioneer park in Salt Lake City. Come visit the SelectHealth and Intermountain Healthcare booth while you’re there!
SelectHealth recognizes the local food movement from farmers markets across the state as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- U of U Health, Regence insurance warn they may not reach a contract
- Rattlesnakes are appearing on Utah trails, around homes later than normal
- Woman barricades herself inside West Jordan home
- Herriman couple ‘lucky to be alive’ after socket smashes windshield
- Citing rising rivers, Sandy Mayor issues emergency declaration
- Public comment period approved for quarry in Parley’s Canyon
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows
- Source: Congressman Chris Stewart will resign, special election dates not known
- Debt-ceiling deal would require people work longer for SNAP benefits