It’s time to support the great farmers markets across Utah. The Downtown Farmers Market in Salt Lake City is nationally recognized and was created in 1992 by the Downtown Alliance and it’s become a summer tradition for residents and visitors. Located in historic Pioneer Park, the Downtown Farmers Market has infused vitality and fresh produce into the middle ground between East and West neighborhoods.
The mission of the Market is to support sustainable, regional agriculture; increase access to nutritious, local foods in urban areas; and to educate consumers about shopping local. The vendors at the market represent more than one hundred local farms and ranches and include everything from fresh off the tree apricots to hand-made clay jewelry.
Markets will be held from June to October on Saturday mornings from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at Pioneer park in Salt Lake City. Come visit the SelectHealth and Intermountain Healthcare booth while you’re there!
SelectHealth recognizes the local food movement from farmers markets across the state as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Murray Police warning public to be on lookout for scam
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Saturday morning conference session makes history
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Other paths to consider when thinking about attending college
- ‘Any kind of abuse … is an abomination,’ President Nelson says at Saturday morning session
- The sad history of Tragedy Spring
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- Indonesia stadium riot: At least 127 people reported dead following soccer match, police say
- Parents pushing back on ongoing mask requirement in Utah schools