The Sharing Place
In an unimaginable world where a family member passes away, there are so many questions and concerns, especially as a parent. A young mother sought help for her two children after their father died and created The Sharing Place. Their mission is to provide a safe and caring environment for grieving children, teens, and their families to share their feelings while healing themselves.
They achieve this through support groups that emphasize acknowledging any and all feelings related to grief, connection with others experiencing grief, and channeling feelings through art, play, and discussion. The Sharing Place hosts 24 in-house and off-site, grief support groups for all children.
You’re invited to attend the annual Day of the Dead gala on October 13. You will have the opportunity to get sugar skull face paint, visit psychic readers, and enjoy a dinner from Red Iguana. To buy tickets, visit their website at thesharingplace.org.
SelectHealth recognizes the supportive services provided by The Sharing Place as another example of How Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office being sued after former cadet reports abuse
- Snow expected to impact Wednesday evening commute
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Woman charged in February fatal car crash in West Valley City
- Northbound I-15 in Juab County closed for a time Wednesday night
- Tax increase in Salt Lake County for the library system
- Increased shoplifting puts pressure on retailers and raises prices
- New VA food pantry aims to curb food insecurity among veterans