The Sharing Place
In an unimaginable world where a family member passes away, there are so many questions and concerns, especially as a parent. A young mother sought help for her two children after their father died and created The Sharing Place. Their mission is to provide a safe and caring environment for grieving children, teens, and their families to share their feelings while healing themselves.
They achieve this through support groups that emphasize acknowledging any and all feelings related to grief, connection with others experiencing grief, and channeling feelings through art, play, and discussion. The Sharing Place hosts 24 in-house and off-site, grief support groups for all children.
You’re invited to attend the annual Day of the Dead gala on October 13. You will have the opportunity to get sugar skull face paint, visit psychic readers, and enjoy a dinner from Red Iguana. To buy tickets, visit their website at thesharingplace.org.
SelectHealth recognizes the supportive services provided by The Sharing Place as another example of How Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- San Juan county crash leaves one dead, one injured
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Biden signs bipartisan gun safety bill into law: ‘God willing, it’s going to…
- Elizabeth Smart says she was sexually assaulted on a plane
- Utah leaders react to Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade
- S.B. 174 now in effect in Utah with Supreme Court’s overturn of Roe v. Wade
- Flight instructor, student, die in crash of USU Aviation plane
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- With Roe v. Wade now overturned, could same-sex marriage be next?