Boys and Girls Club of Greater Salt Lake
Boys and Girls Club of Greater Salt Lake has been transforming the lives of young people for the past fifty years by providing quality afterschool programs in safe, fun, supportive environments under the direction of trained youth development professionals.
In Utah, nearly one hundred thousand youth are left unsupervised after school and during summer and winter breaks. This time alone is when youth are at their greatest risk to experiment with drugs or alcohol, fall into gang activity, or become victims of or involved in violent crime.
Clubs provide quality afterschool programs that give kids rich learning experiences that narrow opportunity gaps and put youth on a path to a great future.
The clubs link home, schools, and caring adults to create a unique experience that cannot be replicated anywhere else. The professionally trained staff is enthusiastic about empowering youth to be better adults.
SelectHealth recognizes the valuable work provided by the Boys and Girls Club of Greater Salt Lake as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- SLCPD makes arrest connected to fatal stabbing case
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Winter blues: light therapy and lifestyle changes can help
- SLCPD officer witnesses wrong-way drunk driver crash into embankment
- Over 20 arrested in Utah County human trafficking sting, 3 victims rescued
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Skier found dead at Deer Valley ski resort
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery