Maliheh Free Clinic
The Maliheh Free Clinic is a well-established charitable organization whose mission is to improve the quality of life in the Greater Salt Lake area, by providing free medical services for uninsured individuals and low income families to help reverse the cycle of poverty and suffering created by poor health.
The Maliheh Free Clinic is a medical home for over six thousand individuals in the community. These families have no health insurance, and are not eligible for Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP, or homeless services. The Clinic is run by a small staff and over four hundred caring volunteers.
Access to regular health care significantly contributes to the wellbeing of the entire community. Medical care provided in an emergency room setting does not include preventive care, is not cost effective, and impacts the cost of health care for everyone. Untreated chronic diseases such as diabetes and hypertension often result in loss of employment and the inability to care for one’s family.
SelectHealth recognizes the life changing services provided by the Maliheh Free Clinic as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Roe V. Wade overturned by Supreme Court
- Utah leaders react to Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade
- Victim in Box Elder County worksite accident is identified
- Biden calls abortion ruling ‘a sad day’ for country
- S.B. 174 now in effect in Utah with Supreme Court’s overturn of Roe v. Wade
- Provo Police Department asking for help solving a 2020 cold case
- Flight instructor, student, die in crash of USU Aviation plane
- Congress sends landmark gun violence compromise to Biden
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake