People’s Health Clinic
For eighteen years People’s Health Clinic has provided quality health care to the uninsured of Summit and Wasatch Counties, which includes a diabetes prevention program complete with testing and education for healthy lifestyles. Patients who are at-risk or have been diagnosed with pre-diabetes or diabetes are encouraged to enroll into the program and are given the tools to self-manage their health. They work with the LiVe Well Center at Intermountain’s Park City Hospital to offer healthy eating education and weekly exercise taught by local physical fitness instructors. Some of the other services include eye and foot exams.
People’s Health Clinic has provided services to over eighty-four hundred patients in 2016 and is dedicated to keeping the community members healthy and strong. Of the expected one thousand diagnosed with chronic illness more than one hundred and fifty are in the early stages of pre-diabetes. Early detection and prevention can keep a large number from becoming diabetic. SelectHealth recognizes the important community role provided by the People’s Health Clinic as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk, again, tried to cross roads near I-215/I-80 interchange in SLC
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility
- Opinion: Is sportsmanship dead in high school basketball?
- Suspect in Layton Amber Alert charged
- Missing radioactive capsule from Rio Tinto mine found on Australian road
- Suspect arrested and named, victim identified after shooting in Taylorsville
- Alpine schools investigating “suspicious” computer activity
- Fed approves small rate hike, nodding to improved inflation outlook