People’s Health Clinic
For eighteen years People’s Health Clinic has provided quality health care to the uninsured of Summit and Wasatch Counties, which includes a diabetes prevention program complete with testing and education for healthy lifestyles. Patients who are at-risk or have been diagnosed with pre-diabetes or diabetes are encouraged to enroll into the program and are given the tools to self-manage their health. They work with the LiVe Well Center at Intermountain’s Park City Hospital to offer healthy eating education and weekly exercise taught by local physical fitness instructors. Some of the other services include eye and foot exams.
People’s Health Clinic has provided services to over eighty-four hundred patients in 2016 and is dedicated to keeping the community members healthy and strong. Of the expected one thousand diagnosed with chronic illness more than one hundred and fifty are in the early stages of pre-diabetes. Early detection and prevention can keep a large number from becoming diabetic. SelectHealth recognizes the important community role provided by the People’s Health Clinic as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Utah Transit Authority closes Ballpark Station due to debris on tracks
- 21-year-old man sentenced for multiple sex crimes
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Stay Home
- The Queen Center
- Water regulators say lawn care is causing the most strain to state reservoirs, call on…
- BYU engineering students put ‘world’s smallest Book of Mormon’ on 4 inch disc
- The peak of the Geminid meteor shower is tonight