For The Kids.Org
We’ve all heard that eating breakfast is important, but did you know that there is an alarming number of children in Utah who are going to school hungry? 1 out of 5 children in our neighborhoods worry about food every day.
Children who regularly eat breakfast are generally more healthy and attentive in the classroom, but those who don’t, have a hard time focusing on academics or have enough energy to be physically active. For the Kids.Org works to help children have the tools they need to develop into productive adults. Their focus is to provide weekend meals to children who depend on the Federal-Free lunch and breakfast programs.
For the Kids.Org provides meals that are simple and easy to fix. Each Friday volunteers deliver bags of food so the students can come back after the weekend with full stomachs, ready to learn. They have provided more than 10,000 weekend food bags this school year alone.
SelectHealth recognizes the diligent assistance of For the Kids.Org as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires
- Salt Lake County says it has decreased water-use on its golf courses
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- UDOT reminds travelers of heavy traffic over the holiday weekend