The Christmas Box International
In Utah, there are over 11,000 youth experiencing homelessness. Most lack the essential life skills or a positive role model and have few people to turn to for help. The Christmas Box International embraces them while partnering with local, national, and international communities. Their goal is to prevent child abuse and improve the quality of life for children, teens, and young adults who have been abused, neglected, or are facing homelessness.
The Christmas Box Houses, also known as “emergency children’s shelters”, are located in three Utah cities: Salt Lake City, Ogden and Moab. They offer shelter, food, on-site therapy, medical and dental evaluations, as well as recreational activities. Each house serves the community in unique ways, a reflection of the carefully cultivated partnerships in each region.
If you would like to help children coming to the emergency shelter, please visit TheChristmasBox.org to see their wish list.
SelectHealth recognizes the safety and protection provided by The Christmas Box International as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- False alarm of reported shots fired near Granger Elementary
- Pilot uninjured in Mountain Green plane crash
- State intends to appeal vacated death sentence of Utah man
- Iran wants US out of World Cup after change made to Iranian flag
- Latest snow on Utah roads prompts police to encourage safe driving
- Car drives into parade, hits horse and rider
- Utah well-represented during international gymnastics competition
- UDOT warns winter storm bringing roadway impacts
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]