Utah County Children’s Justice Center
Did you know that one in five kids in Utah will be sexually abused before the age of 18? When this is reported, traditionally, an investigation of the abuse requires multiple interviews by police, social services, medical personnel, and more.
The Utah County Children’s Justice Center aims to change this with their homelike facility that serves those experiencing crisis and chaos. Children who are abused and receive the support and help needed as soon as possible may not have the negative lasting effects. This center is designed to help children feel safe and comfortable, so that they may begin to deal with the difficult and often frightening issues that surround abuse. The focus and function of the Children’s Justice Center is to reduce the trauma of investigation and help the child feel safe to reveal the truth. You can help to prevent child abuse by educating yourself and your children on how to recognize abuse, engage in safety strategies, and empower children to report abuse.
SelectHealth recognizes the long-lasting impact of the Utah County Children’s Justice Center as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Schools, commute delayed because of early morning lake effect snow
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples
- Tracking snowplows in SLC
- Snow storm brings highly dangerous avalanche conditions
- State intends to appeal vacated death sentence of Utah man
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Pence says Trump was ‘wrong’ for dinner with Holocaust denier
- Native tribes of Utah are given their chance to offer historical perspectives on museum artifacts
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success