TREMONTON, Utah — Wind gusts in excess of 65 mph have the Utah Department of Transportation is having truckers stay off a stretch of I-15 between Tremonton and Brigham City.
Strong winds Northern Wasatch Front this morning…. we have seen gusts between 48 and 66mph …. gusts should subside after 10am. pic.twitter.com/528hR4bR0I
— Grant Weyman (@KSLweyman) May 23, 2019
High profile vehicles have been prohibited from MP 362 near Perry and Brigham City and MP 376 near Elwood.
UDOT Spokesman John Gleason says that the winds Thursday morning have already knocked over one semi.
The winds are expected to die down after 9 a.m. and in the meantime, Gleason is asking drivers that may be headed that direction to hang on until the winds die down.
“We’re asking everyone with RV’s that may be trying to get out of town for Memorial Day weekend or semis in the area not to travel that stretch of I-15,” Gleason said
SB I-15 at MP 376 / SR-13 Junction, Tremonton Box Elder Co,
65+ mph cross winds, High profile vehicles prohibited from MP 376 to MP 362, High profile vehicles must exit at MP 376,
Est. Clearance Time: 9:00 AM
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) May 23, 2019
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings