Deseret News Marathon
First run in 1970, the Deseret News Marathon is the oldest road race in Utah and the 4th oldest marathon west of the continental divide. It’s all happening on July 24th, Pioneer Day, and follows the path the Utah pioneers traveled when they first entered the valley.
This day celebrates a part of Utah’s history as pioneers pulled handcarts and drove wagons to seek out a new life. It reminds us of those who came before and settled this area, so that we all could have a home here today.
The full and half marathons begin in Emigration Canyon, descending into downtown Salt Lake where they are welcomed and celebrated by thousands of cheering Utahns. Be part of this exciting Utah tradition. To sign up for the full or half marathon, 10K, or 5K races, visit DeseretNewsMarathon.com.
SelectHealth recognizes the historical celebration and commitment to health that the Deseret News Marathon provides as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- A 4-day workweek is working for Provo government
- Trump Organization convicted in executive tax dodge scheme
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- Suspected criminals on Zillow listing Utah homes for sale without homeowners’ knowledge
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71
- Student loan forgiveness resolution on hold until 2023