Deseret News Marathon
First run in 1970, the Deseret News Marathon is the oldest road race in Utah and the 4th oldest marathon west of the continental divide. It’s all happening on July 24th, Pioneer Day, and follows the path the Utah pioneers traveled when they first entered the valley.
This day celebrates a part of Utah’s history as pioneers pulled handcarts and drove wagons to seek out a new life. It reminds us of those who came before and settled this area, so that we all could have a home here today.
The full and half marathons begin in Emigration Canyon, descending into downtown Salt Lake where they are welcomed and celebrated by thousands of cheering Utahns. Be part of this exciting Utah tradition. To sign up for the full or half marathon, 10K, or 5K races, visit DeseretNewsMarathon.com.
SelectHealth recognizes the historical celebration and commitment to health that the Deseret News Marathon provides as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police: Gunman fired more than 70 rounds at July 4 parade, 7 dead
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- Deuel Creek Fire continues to burn, officials hopeful for more containment
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured