SUU Commencement Speaker: Condoleezza Rice
SALT LAKE CITY –President of Southern Utah University Scott Wyatt announced that former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice will be the college’s commencement speaker this spring.
Wyatt made the announcement on KSL Newsradio.
During a discussion on the Dave & Dujanovic show about the college’s innovative approach to consolidating traditional 4-year degrees down to 3-years, Wyatt announced that Rice had accepted an invitation to speak at the school’s graduation ceremony April 24.
Wyatt said the school worked with former Utah Governor Mike Leavitt, who served as U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services under President George W. Bush, to extend the invitation.
He added Leavitt and Rice have stayed friends over the years and that Leavitt was born in Cedar City, which is home to SUU.
Today’s Top Stories
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Frontier Airlines no longer has a customer service phone line
- Fugitive taken into custody following SWAT stand-off in Taylorsville
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- Trash can on fire at home in the Cottonwoods, safely extinguished
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- Six new Latter-day Saint missions to launch in 2023
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- Church of Jesus Christ announces hack affecting community members’ personal data