I-15 will be closed Saturday night for pedestrian bridge construction
OREM, Utah — I-15 will be closed both directions between University Parkway and 800 N in Orem this weekend as crews begin to pour concrete on a new pedestrian bridge.
The 1,000-foot pedestrian bridge should open later this year. It will provide access for Utah Valley University students and faculty traveling between housing, campus and the Orem FrontRunner station. UDOT expects when complete, at 15 feet wide, it will accommodate foot traffic as well as bikes and scooters.
The $30.7 million project has been a collaboration between the Utah Department of Transportation, Utah Valley University and the Utah Transit Authority.
UDOT says I-15 will remain closed between 10 p.m. on Saturday night and 10 a.m. on Sunday morning while crews work.
- UDOT testing new technology on some of the state’s most hazardous roads
- Big changes coming to I-15 in Davis, Weber Counties
- Utah road fatalities in the summer are way up from last year
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Over 20 arrested in Utah County human trafficking sting, 3 victims rescued
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Utah mom shares grocery budgeting tips