Millcreek City proclamation declares local emergency and warming center
MILLCREEK, Utah — The mayor of Millcreek issued a proclamation declaring a local emergency connected to the severe windstorm that buffeted the city along with much of northern Utah on September 7 and 8.
The proclamation acknowledges that as a result of the windstorm there has been serious property damage in many Millcreek neighborhoods. This damage includes downed trees and power lines as well as serious damage to homes.
ROAD CLOSURE: The entire stretch of Connor St is closed due to 3 downed power lines. @RMP_Utah estimates it will take 2-3 days to repair. Residents on Connor St can still enter/exit the area and we ask them to please exercise caution. All other residents, please avoid the area.
— Millcreek Utah (@MillcreekUT) September 8, 2020
The proclamation authorizes the city of Millcreek to “perform all functions authorized by federal, state, and local law to address this local emergency.”
Mayor Jeff Silvestrini has also authorized warming centers for use by residents who may still be without power. The warming center is located at the Millcreek Community Center at 2266 East Evergreen Avenue
Don’t forget to fill out this survey from @SLCoGov if you sustained damage to your property from the wind. Include damage to your home, business, yard, and/or vehicles. We may get reimbursed from FEMA for the damage, so it’s crucial that we report.https://t.co/iM56St4SmI
— Millcreek Utah (@MillcreekUT) September 9, 2020
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- After a cold November, Utah prepares for another storm
- Avalanche at Snowbird caused by skier, no injuries
- Letters from surviving roommates read at church memorial service for slain University of…
- Authorities swat down rumors surrounding unsolved killings of 4 University of Idaho students
- Lawmakers propose all-day kindergarten bill, UEA fully supports it
- Biden extends student loan repayment freeze as program remains in court
- Senate passes Romney-sponsored bill to fund Great Salt Lake study
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Bob McGrath, original ‘Sesame Street’ cast member, dead at 90