Live Well-Goal Setting
It’s not a diet. It’s not a boot camp. It’s not about the perfect body. It’s not about the quick fix, a six-week program, a band-aid, a fad. It’s a lifestyle, not a crash course. It’s about learning how to live well.
We know that health is more than just going on a run, it’s about connecting with your friends and family, eating nourishing foods, and an all-around sense of well-being.
You may have set a goal for this new year and we have a few tips to help make it stick.
- Start with a small goal; start slowly and consistently so your body gets used to it.
- Be realistic and honest with yourself about the resources and time you have available.
- Set reminders in your calendar or cell phone so you don’t forget.
- Don’t let setbacks destroy your goals.
- Lastly, stay positive. It can be difficult to make changes in your life but believe in yourself and focus on what impact it will have on your life once you’ve achieved it.
SelectHealth recognizes the health and wellness changes you are making as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Winter blues: light therapy and lifestyle changes can help
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- SLCPD officer witnesses wrong-way drunk driver crash into embankment
- Over 20 arrested in Utah County human trafficking sting, 3 victims rescued
- Salt Lake County District Attorney’s Office will not prosecute U. police chief
- Former NFL quarterback, ‘Biggest Loser’ contestant refuses to let obesity win
- Human trafficking and child exploitation suspect arrested in SLC