Fit to Recover
Fit to Recover started with three people and a boombox in Sugarhouse Park. It has grown into a large community and safe place for people in recovery from drug and alcohol misuse to connect.
Members of this community support one another in physical activity, community gathering, nutritional support, and creative endeavors. They have a gym, music studio, garden, and kitchen in Salt Lake City where individuals can get all the support needed to work through challenges together and have fun doing it!
Fit to Recover creates an environment of safety, connection, gratitude, and perseverance. They offer 45 classes per week where more than 450 people in recovery pass through their doors. They attend fitness classes, scale the climbing wall, write about their journey, record tracks in the audio studio, cook and eat healthy foods together, and reach out in service to others in need.
But mostly, they’re friends who hold each other up and hold each other accountable.
SelectHealth recognizes the positive health impact given by Fit To Recover as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah homes have some of the highest levels of radon gas
- New dress code gives West High School students more leeway
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Paragliding crash in Milcreek leaves one in critical condition
- Man in extremely critical condition following motorcycle accident in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- Semi driver dies after driving off side of roadway
- Draper City suing Geneva Rock, the mining company at Point of the Mountain
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Woman dies in SLC shooting, suspect arrested
- Bluffdale crash involving semi-truck kills one