South Valley Services
We usually think of home as a safe place; that the place you spend most of your time should be a place you want to be. But in many people’s lives, it’s the most dangerous. How do we help all those people whose homes are not safe?
South Valley Services strives to end family violence by providing shelter and case management services for anyone who is experiencing psychological, physical, emotional, economical, or sexual abuse at home. They aim to empower individuals and communities through education to recognize their self-worth and to develop skills to reach their greatest potential.
We need to keep these services open because no one deserves to be abused, violence is unacceptable, and we all play a role in stopping it. If you are in a safe place and want to make sure that others can be there too, please support and learn more at SVSutah.org.
SelectHealth recognizes the healing touch of South Valley Services as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Frontier Airlines no longer has a customer service phone line
- Fugitive taken into custody following SWAT stand-off in Taylorsville
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- Trash can on fire at home in the Cottonwoods, safely extinguished
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- Six new Latter-day Saint missions to launch in 2023
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- Church of Jesus Christ announces hack affecting community members’ personal data