Church missionary in Nigeria dies from ‘sudden health episode’
A Nigerian missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints died after a “sudden health episode” while serving in the Nigeria Lagos Mission, the church announced in a statement Friday.
Elder Samuel Joseph Iseh, Jr., 20, is from Port Harcourt, Nigeria, and has been serving his mission since May 2019.
“[He] experienced a sudden health episode (unrelated to COVID-19) and was taken to the hospital where he passed away,” the church said in a statement. “We express our deepest sympathies to his family and friends and pray they will be comforted during this difficult time.”
No other information was released from the church at this time, but this story will be updated as it becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Teen arrested, suspected of aggravated murder in Salt Lake City
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Teen killed in Hurricane auto-pedestrian accident
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Ballpark Station reopens after closing due to fallen scaffolding