Love Letters Challenge
Remember as a child when you’d ask to get the mail just in case there was something for you? And those few days out of the year filled you with such joy when someone thought to write you a letter? Well, those feelings don’t just go away once you grow up.
This week, we challenge you to write a letter of appreciation to a senior citizen! Getting older can be lonely and millions of seniors live alone and face isolation due to location, disability, language barriers, or other health conditions. This lowers self-esteem, increases chances of depression, anxiety, and alcohol and drug use.
Our seniors need your love, especially right now, so make a senior feel connected and spread the love…and what better time than Valentine’s Day? You can help them feel connected and loved when you write them a thoughtful card. To get help finding a senior near you, visit utahgivesback.com.
SelectHealth recognizes the powerful connections created by Utahns like you as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Wildlife officials, troopers, maneuver large herd of elk away from I-80
- Suspects in custody, lockdown lifted after shots fired at Taylorsville High
- Pedestrian hit and killed by UTA Frontrunner
- Large sinkhole shuts down portion of westbound 1500 North in Lehi
- Teachers at West High School walkout in of protest H.B. 215
- Investigation of fatal accident at Provo airport includes witness statements
- Bystander finds dead body in Salt Lake foothills above Beck Street
- Cottonwood Connect offers a new way to get up Cottonwood Canyons
- UHP: Semi rollover in Juab County has claimed at least one life
- Spanish Fork teacher is year’s first Jazz “Most Valuable Educator”