What are the most popular cars and trucks in Utah?
SALT LAKE CITY — On the list of the most popular cars in each state, Utah’s favorite isn’t a car at all. It’s a truck.
In the past, Utah, a solid red state, had something in common with blue states like Washington and California. The most popular car in the three states last year was the Honda Civic. It was the most popular ride last year in Idaho, too, according to Insurify.
The Civic and Honda Accord remain the hottest models in 17 out of 50 states, according to Insurify. But the Nissan Altima gained ground and looked to be the ride of choice for Southerners in 2020.
Most popular cars? Make that most popular truck
But somebody or something hit the brakes in 2021. The whole Mountain West, almost all of the Midwest, the South and Alaska changed gears and got behind the wheel of a Ford F-series pickup as the most popular ride.
No surprise, either. For 39 years straight, the Ford F-Series has been the best-selling vehicle in the U.S.
According to Edmunds, the top five best-selling vehicles in Utah in 2020 were:
- Ford F-Series
- Ram 1500/2500/3500
- Chevrolet Silverado
- Toyota RAV4
- Toyota Tacoma
Top 10 most popular cars in US in 2020, according to Insurify:
- Nissan Altima
- Honda Accord
- Chevrolet Malibu
- Honda Civic
- Chevrolet Impala
- Ford Focus
- Toyota Corolla
- Ford Explorer
- Subaru Impreza
- Toyota RAV4 (technically SUV)
From the Nissan Sentra to the — you guessed it — Ford F-series pickup, Car and Driver ranks the Top 25 best-selling cars, trucks and SUVs of 2021, so far.
And the Car and Driver national rankings from 2020.
Oddity: Only two states favor SUVs over sedans. Alaska and Wyoming prefer the Toyota RAV4 and the Ford Explorer, respectively, over all sedans.
Today’s Top Stories
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Utah middle school bans phones from entire school day
- Provo university hopes to reduce shortage of mental health practitioners
- Victim of fatal accident identified, SR 190 reopens in Big Cottonwood Canyon
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- Church announces names of 2 future temples; another temple rededicated
- Investigation continues after plane plunges into Lake Powell, killing 2
- Rudy Giuliani told by prosecutors he is a target in Georgia 2020 presidential election probe
- UPDATE: Family of missing Stanton Porter releases statement regarding his death
- Member of Utah Little League team injured in fall from bunk bed