It’s time to support the great farmers markets across Utah. The Downtown Farmers Market in Salt Lake City is nationally recognized and was created in 1992 by the Downtown Alliance and it’s become a summer tradition for residents and visitors. Located in historic Pioneer Park, the Downtown Farmers Market has infused vitality and fresh produce into the middle ground between East and West neighborhoods.
The mission of the Market is to support sustainable, regional agriculture; increase access to nutritious, local foods in urban areas; and to educate consumers about shopping local. The vendors at the market represent more than one hundred local farms and ranches. The farmers market continues to promote safety with available hand sanitizer and safe interactions.
Markets will be held from June to October on Saturday mornings from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at Pioneer park in Salt Lake City. Come visit the SelectHealth and Intermountain Healthcare booth while you’re there!
SelectHealth recognizes the local food movement from farmers markets across the state as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Car drives into parade, hits horse and rider
- UDOT warns winter storm bringing roadway impacts
- UPDATE: Southbound I-15 lanes in Washington County reopen following closure
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- Trash can on fire at home in the Cottonwoods, safely extinguished
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Frontier Airlines no longer has a customer service phone line
- ‘Fame’ and ‘Flashdance’ singer-actor Irene Cara dies at 63