It’s time to support the great farmers markets across Utah. The Downtown Farmers Market in Salt Lake City is nationally recognized and was created in 1992 by the Downtown Alliance and it’s become a summer tradition for residents and visitors. Located in historic Pioneer Park, the Downtown Farmers Market has infused vitality and fresh produce into the middle ground between East and West neighborhoods.
The mission of the Market is to support sustainable, regional agriculture; increase access to nutritious, local foods in urban areas; and to educate consumers about shopping local. The vendors at the market represent more than one hundred local farms and ranches. The farmers market continues to promote safety with available hand sanitizer and safe interactions.
Markets will be held from June to October on Saturday mornings from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at Pioneer park in Salt Lake City. Come visit the SelectHealth and Intermountain Healthcare booth while you’re there!
SelectHealth recognizes the local food movement from farmers markets across the state as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Wordle, the easy online word game that’s easy to love
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- UDOT reminds travelers of heavy traffic over the holiday weekend