Brain Body Boost (B3)
Healthy kids make engaged students. Children who are active, eat well, and are less stressed are more likely to have improved concentration, are happier, and earn higher grades. But too many kids are not getting the exercise and nutrition they need while also struggling with their mental health.
SelectHealth has created an online, school-based wellness program that helps teachers, students, and parents live their healthiest lives possible through B3: Brain Body Boost. This program helps 4th , 5th, and 6th grade teachers bring health education into the classroom while students get active through lesson plans, activities, and other online resources.
The B3 curriculum is aligned with the Utah Health Education Core Standards. It provides teachers with the tools to complete these requirements. Participation is completely FREE, teachers can earn free school supplies by completing program tasks, and classes can earn prizes for being active.
If you’re interested in learning more or are a teacher interested in signing up, go to b3kids.com.
SelectHealth recognizes the positive health impact from B3 as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- SLCPD officer witnesses wrong-way drunk driver crash into embankment
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- China says it ‘reserves the right’ to deal with ‘similar situations’…
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen