Brain Body Boost (B3)
Healthy kids make engaged students. Children who are active, eat well, and are less stressed are more likely to have improved concentration, are happier, and earn higher grades. But too many kids are not getting the exercise and nutrition they need while also struggling with their mental health.
SelectHealth has created an online, school-based wellness program that helps teachers, students, and parents live their healthiest lives possible through B3: Brain Body Boost. This program helps 4th , 5th, and 6th grade teachers bring health education into the classroom while students get active through lesson plans, activities, and other online resources.
The B3 curriculum is aligned with the Utah Health Education Core Standards. It provides teachers with the tools to complete these requirements. Participation is completely FREE, teachers can earn free school supplies by completing program tasks, and classes can earn prizes for being active.
If you’re interested in learning more or are a teacher interested in signing up, go to b3kids.com.
SelectHealth recognizes the positive health impact from B3 as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah judge cancels hearing on trans athlete ruling in favor of written opinion
- Suspect in Heber murder found dead, police say
- Colorado River falls into Tier 2 shortage, new cuts coming for Southwest
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Utah middle school bans phones from entire school day
- Victim of fatal accident identified, SR 190 reopens in Big Cottonwood Canyon
- Church announces names of 2 future temples; another temple rededicated
- UPDATE: Family of missing Stanton Porter releases statement regarding his death
- Power outage impacting much of Magna and West Valley City
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley