Brain Body Boost (B3)
Healthy kids make engaged students. Children who are active, eat well, and are less stressed are more likely to have improved concentration, are happier, and earn higher grades. But too many kids are not getting the exercise and nutrition they need while also struggling with their mental health.
SelectHealth has created an online, school-based wellness program that helps teachers, students, and parents live their healthiest lives possible through B3: Brain Body Boost. This program helps 4th , 5th, and 6th grade teachers bring health education into the classroom while students get active through lesson plans, activities, and other online resources.
The B3 curriculum is aligned with the Utah Health Education Core Standards. It provides teachers with the tools to complete these requirements. Participation is completely FREE, teachers can earn free school supplies by completing program tasks, and classes can earn prizes for being active.
If you’re interested in learning more or are a teacher interested in signing up, go to b3kids.com.
SelectHealth recognizes the positive health impact from B3 as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- BREAKING: Overdue skier found dead after hours of search and rescue efforts
- Wordle, the easy online word game that’s easy to love
- Teen accused of killing Hunter High students could be charged as an adult
- The woman who almost played for the Jazz has died
- Vehicle reels from crash and falls off embankment, injures two
- BYU and partners offer COVID-19 testing for symptomatic individuals
- Sen. President Adams says he’s safe to return to work after positive COVID test
- Which Utah schools are remote and which schools are in person?
- Three suspects at large after home invasion, shooting in Rose Park
- Utah man sentenced to home detention/probation for Jan. 6 involvement