Brigham City Senior Center
Senior centers throughout Utah are all about connection, wellness, and activities to keep those 60 and older healthy. They are one of the most important resources for our aging community and have more to offer than you might think.
The Brigham City Senior Center is one of many that offer educational programming, counseling, health promotion, recreational activities, and volunteer opportunities. Those who come enjoy interacting with others, learning new skills and talents, or being connected with other community resources.
Senior Centers keep participants healthy by offering exercising facilities, blood pressure checks, and nutritious meals. Many provide classes like fall prevention to help seniors master their fear of falling to keep them confident and active.
Research shows that older adults who participate in senior center programs experience measurable improvements in their physical, social, emotional, mental, and economic well-being. To find a senior center near you visit Utah.gov.
SelectHealth recognizes the constant support of the Brigham City Senior Center as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two autistic brothers with ties to Utah drown off Hawaii coast
- 300 W., North Temple intersection closed after crash involving UTA bus
- Utah Lake restoration called “unconstitutional” by state agency
- Suspicious package at Intermountain Layton Hospital removed, detonated
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- What the bishops knew: Church releases details, timeline about Arizona sex abuse case
- ‘Multiple casualties’ reported after two planes collide over California airport,…
- July’s unemployment remains steady
- Records set for 100 degree days in SLC and flash flood warnings statewide
- Sen. Romney touts safety of Utah elections, says he won’t run for president in 2024