Expect Trax delays to airport and U of U
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Transit Authority (UTA) is building a new station at the Salt Lake International Airport and replacing rails at the University of Utah, which means there will be delays on Trax.
Officials are now having all passengers get off Green Line Trax trains at the 1940 West Station and take a bus the rest of the way to the airport through October 21st. KSL.com reports riders used to be able to get off at a temporary stop closer to the airport, but that won’t be the case for the next 3-weeks.
Commuters heading to work or anyone trying to catch a flight should allow up to 30 extra minutes to get to the airport. Busses will run every 15 minutes on the weekdays and every 30 minutes on weekends.
People who use the Red Trax Line will also see delays getting to and from the University of Utah. Crews are replacing rails, so passengers will have a bus bridge at the 900 East Station going to the Stadium, South Campus and University Medical Center stations.
UTA is continuing to replace 20-year-old TRAX railroad curves. October 9-13, a bus bridge will be in place between 900 East Station and the University Medical Center Station on the Red Line. Expect an additional 15-30 minutes for trips. Fort Douglas Station will not be serviced. pic.twitter.com/m2dArqY97i
— Utah Transit Authority – UTA (@RideUTA) October 7, 2021
This starts on Saturday and runs through Wednesday. Riders should also expect 15 to 30 minutes delays on this route to and from the U of U.
Today’s Top Stories
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Thousands of dead fish are washing up along a California river. It’s because of a…
- President Joe Biden officially cleared to emerge from isolation following rebound Covid-19 case
- Low water levels at Utah Lake cause restrictions for Daybreak
- UPDATE: Flooding, road closures, and power outages in SLC
- Utah company, Lions Not Sheep ordered to cease “made in USA” claims
- UPDATE: Flood advisory for portions of Salt Lake Valley and Davis County
- The mysterious companies behind Costco’s Kirkland Signature and Trader Joe’s O’s
- Utah Highway Patrol responds to head-on crash on U.S Highway 6
- Top scientist admits ‘space telescope image’ was actually a slice of chorizo