Latino Behavioral Health Services
Poverty and lack of access to healthcare are both risk factors that contribute to high rates of mental and emotional conditions and substance misuse.
Latino Behavioral Health Services wants to change these statistics and the lives of the people they represent. By raising awareness about mental illness and substance use disorders, they empower Latinos to give back and help the behavioral health system to be more culturally and linguistically responsive. Participation, leadership, and voices of Latinos in recovery are essential to address many of these issues.
Latino Behavioral Health Services offers therapy, educational trainings, support groups, and suicide prevention training and education. Through this, they increase knowledge about mental illness and substance use disorders, reduce stigma, and empower people to create change. To learn more, please visit Latinobehavioral.org.
SelectHealth recognizes the empowerment given by Latino Behavioral Health Services as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Engineer who refused to approve Challenger launch dies in Ogden
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Salt Lake City traffic stop leads to drug bust, illegal gun recovered
- More protests today after release of video depicting the deadly police beating of Tyre Nichols