Latino Behavioral Health Services
Poverty and lack of access to healthcare are both risk factors that contribute to high rates of mental and emotional conditions and substance misuse.
Latino Behavioral Health Services wants to change these statistics and the lives of the people they represent. By raising awareness about mental illness and substance use disorders, they empower Latinos to give back and help the behavioral health system to be more culturally and linguistically responsive. Participation, leadership, and voices of Latinos in recovery are essential to address many of these issues.
Latino Behavioral Health Services offers therapy, educational trainings, support groups, and suicide prevention training and education. Through this, they increase knowledge about mental illness and substance use disorders, reduce stigma, and empower people to create change. To learn more, please visit Latinobehavioral.org.
SelectHealth recognizes the empowerment given by Latino Behavioral Health Services as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Flood advisory for portions of Salt Lake Valley and Davis County
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- UPDATE: Flooding, road closures, and power outages in SLC
- Utah company, Lions Not Sheep ordered to cease “made in USA” claims
- Utah Highway Patrol responds to head-on crash on U.S Highway 6
- Low water levels at Utah Lake cause restrictions for Daybreak
- Top scientist admits ‘space telescope image’ was actually a slice of chorizo
- The mysterious companies behind Costco’s Kirkland Signature and Trader Joe’s O’s
- Crash on Trapper’s Loop claims the life of a motorcyclist
- Breeze Airways debuts service out of Provo City Airport