Live Well – Goal Setting
It’s not a diet. It’s not a boot camp. It’s not about the perfect body. It’s not about the quick fix, a six-week program, a band-aid, a fad. It’s a lifestyle, not a crash course. It’s about learning how to live well.
We know that health is more than just going on a run, it’s about connecting with your friends and family, eating nourishing foods, and an all-around sense of well-being.
You may have set a goal for this new year and we have a few tips to help make it stick.
1. Start with a small goal; start slowly and consistently so your body gets used to it.
2. Be realistic and honest with yourself about the resources and time you have available.
3. Set reminders in your calendar or cell phone so you don’t forget.
4. Don’t let setbacks destroy your goals.
5. Lastly, stay positive. It can be difficult to make changes in your life but believe in yourself and focus on what impact it will have on your life once you’ve achieved it.
SelectHealth recognizes the health and wellness changes you are making as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter
- South Jordan could see new housing development
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- Weather causing delayed starts for several schools across Utah
- Why is there an increase of wildlife in SLC neighborhoods?
- Head on collision reported, State Route 73 closure
- Freezing weather causes delayed start for Cache County School District schools