Golden Healer Service Dogs
Mike, the founder of Golden Healer Service Dogs, was born with a rare skin disorder that can be painful and is mentally excruciating. He discovered that dogs had an incredible ability to help him emotionally cope with his mental health conditions.
Golden Healer Service Dogs want to share this passion and healing with others. They team up with some of the best breeders, trainers, and dog professionals to deliver the finest service dogs to anyone that suffers from mental illness or physical disabilities. Service dogs are specially trained to assist a person with disabilities in their daily tasks and life.
A properly trained service dog not only provides emotional support but can also perform tasks which offers safety and independence for its handler. These dogs help those with autism, PTSD, diabetes, seizures, and much more. If you’d like to volunteer, donate, or apply for a service dog go to goldenhealerservicedogs.org.
SelectHealth recognizes the unconditional comfort provided by Golden Healer Service Dogs as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- Salt Lake City police investigating shooting, one person hurt
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Opinion: Is sportsmanship dead in high school basketball?
- Davis County officials charge suspect in Layton Amber Alert
- Four elk killed as herd gets too close to I-215 and I-80
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility
- Elk, again, tried to cross roads near I-215/I-80 interchange in SLC
- Cracks are showing in the coalition of the GOP, according to polling numbers