20-year-old hit, killed by front runner identified
MURRAY, Utah – A 20-year-old is dead after getting hit by a FrontRunner train Saturday night.
On the overpass of 4500 South, the bicyclist waited for the train to pass and then went around the safety gate. He was then hit by a train on the other tracks, heading in the opposite direction.
The cyclist has since been identified as 20-year-old Eryx Lynch. He was delivering a pizza prior to the accident.
UTA spokesman Carl Arky compared this to the death of a Jordan High student who was hit by a TRAX train.
“This is what we always talk about,” Arky said, “This is why the lights stay on, and the gate stays down. Just because one train passes and clears the intersection, it doesn’t mean that there is another train coming in the opposite direction.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Murray Police warning public to be on lookout for scam
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Three-vehicle crash in Stansbury Park sends two people to hospital
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- The sad history of Tragedy Spring
- Saturday morning conference session makes history
- ‘Any kind of abuse … is an abomination,’ President Nelson says at Saturday morning session
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces