Investigation continues after three kids rescued from reservoir
SUMMIT COUNTY, Utah — The Summit County Sheriff’s Office is investigating how a truck with three kids in the cab ended up in a reservoir Monday night.
One 9-year-old boy is still in critical condition at Primary Children’s Hospital, according to Summit County Sheriff’s Capt. Andrew Wright.
“We’re hoping, you know, as first responders that this little boy is able to pull through,” Wright told KSL’s Dave and Dujanovic.
The family was at the Smith and Morehouse Reservoir offloading some kayaks around 5:30 p.m. Monday.
It’s possible the truck was in neutral on the boat ramp and ended up rolling into the water, according to Wright.
Three kids in the truck as it went into the reservoir
One 9-year-old boy made it out quickly. And a grandfather was able to pull a 2-year-old girl out.
But another 9-year-old boy was under the water for at least 10 minutes, according to Sheriff Justin Martinez.
A nearby kayaker dove into the water to help.
“And [he] actually went down under water five different times and was the one that located this 9-year-old and was able to bring him up and start CPR,” Wright said.
- Young boy rescued after truck rolls into Smith and Morehouse Reservoir
- Busy weekend for Summit County Search and Rescue
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- Engineer who refused to approve Challenger launch dies in Ogden
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- More protests today after release of video depicting the deadly police beating of Tyre Nichols
- 10 famous Utah ghost towns and where to find them