Investigation continues after three kids rescued from reservoir
SUMMIT COUNTY, Utah — The Summit County Sheriff’s Office is investigating how a truck with three kids in the cab ended up in a reservoir Monday night.
One 9-year-old boy is still in critical condition at Primary Children’s Hospital, according to Summit County Sheriff’s Capt. Andrew Wright.
“We’re hoping, you know, as first responders that this little boy is able to pull through,” Wright told KSL’s Dave and Dujanovic.
The family was at the Smith and Morehouse Reservoir offloading some kayaks around 5:30 p.m. Monday.
It’s possible the truck was in neutral on the boat ramp and ended up rolling into the water, according to Wright.
Three kids in the truck as it went into the reservoir
One 9-year-old boy made it out quickly. And a grandfather was able to pull a 2-year-old girl out.
But another 9-year-old boy was under the water for at least 10 minutes, according to Sheriff Justin Martinez.
A nearby kayaker dove into the water to help.
“And [he] actually went down under water five different times and was the one that located this 9-year-old and was able to bring him up and start CPR,” Wright said.
- Young boy rescued after truck rolls into Smith and Morehouse Reservoir
- Busy weekend for Summit County Search and Rescue
Today’s Top Stories
- Hurricane Ian weakens to Category 3 after making landfall in Florida, but officials warn the…
- UTA makes service reductions following staffing shortages
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Davis and Weber counties
- Former KSL NewsRadio talk show host in the path of Hurricane Ian
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Researchers using dirty diapers to develop new autism test
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Hurricane days were like snow days
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
- The plan to build an inland port/commerce hub is on hold