CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
BYU Police Department seeks help identifying bike thief
Aug 25, 2022, 11:00 AM | Updated: Jan 16, 2023, 3:20 pm
(Photo: Steve Griffin / Deseret News)
PROVO, Utah — The BYU Police Department is asking for the public’s help in identifying a theft suspect.
Surveillance footage shows someone on the BYU campus cutting cable locks and then stealing an electric scooter. The footage shows the same person returning a few hours later and stealing a mountain bike.
Police ask anyone who recognizes this person or sees anybody acting suspiciously around the campus bike racks to call the BYU Utah County Sheriff’s Office at 801-422-0911.
- Help from the public sought after theft of cash at Pride Festival
- BYU archaeologists help find rare Jewish art depicting female heroines
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two found dead after shooting at Cache County home
- Identities released of Hyrum couple found dead in their home
- Utah County Sheriff arrests driver accused in road rage deaths
- Seven months into Adderall shortage, expert offers advice
- Former Gov. Herbert on field of 2024 GOP presidential candidates
- Utah will loan first-time homebuyers $20,000 for new homes
- Man urges pet owners to be cautious around rivers after Oliver the dog was swept away
- Four Republicans on board to run for Utah’s 2nd Congressional District
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Weber, Box Elder, Davis, Tooele counties
- Lawmaker says Bible ban didn’t follow the law he helped create