Hazing incident being investigated at Ridgeline High School
CACHE COUNTY, Utah — Cache County authorities are investigating a hazing incident at Ridgeline High School.
According to a news release from the Cache County Sheriff’s Office, the incident occurred on a district bus on Aug. 19, as it was returning from an out-of-county sport event.
Furthermore, the Sheriff’s Office was notified of the incident and began investigating two days later on Aug. 21.
In the news release, authorities say that allegations were made that at least one student was assaulted during the hazing incident.
During the investigation, authorities discovered that there were several juvenile victims in the incident. The investigation also determined that there were three suspects involved.
The three suspects have been identified and charged. Police are charging them on accounts that they possibly tried to engage in what authorities call “activity of a forcible sexual nature” with several children underage.
Mark Jones contributed to this article.
- Utah high school says hazing violation is “rumor”; investigation underway
- Aggravated assault near East High School under investigation
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Over 20 arrested in Utah County human trafficking sting, 3 victims rescued
- Court says gun law targeting domestic violence suspects is unconstitutional