SLC Police arrest man for burglarizing two law offices
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Police took a 44-year-old man into custody on Wednesday in connection to the burglarizing of two downtown law offices.
Police say Anthony Jack was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail. However, he has been released from custody on pretrial supervision, according to a news release.
Burglarizing law offices
On Nov. 26, police received information about a break-in at a law office located at 50 E. South Temple Street.
With the help of a property manager and a security guard, law enforcement personnel were able to arrest Jack without incident.
At the time of his arrest, officers recovered property taken from the location, drug paraphernalia and illegal drugs.
On Monday, officers were notified of an after-the-fact burglary inside office space belonging to the Utah Attorney’s General Office inside the Heber M. Wells Building at 160 E. 300 South.
Detectives determined the burglaries both occurred on Nov. 26. They say the burglary at the law office on South Temple took place at 10:30 a.m. The second incident inside the Heber M. Wells Building happened at 11:30 p.m.
According to the news release, detectives have screened charges of one court burglary and two counts of the felony theft in connection to the incident at the Heber M. Wells Building.
- Rooftop burglary suspect in Ballpark neighborhood arrested by police
- Suspects identified after burglary at church meeting house
Today’s Top Stories
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- More than 2,700 dead as powerful quake hits southern Turkey and Syria
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Bill permitting pregnant people to use HOV lane passes House
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- 2 arrested in central California shooting that left 6 dead, including mother clutching…
- Evacuations ordered amid fears of an explosion as an Ohio train continues burning days after…
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon