Highland man dies in snowmobile accident in Wasatch County
WASATCH COUNTY, Utah — The Wasatch County Sheriff’s Office says a 51-year-old man died in a snowmobile accident Tuesday afternoon.
The sheriff’s office says the accident occurred in the Lake Creek area near Tower Mountain around 12:30 p.m.
The victim has been identified as Bruce Cook, of Highland. Emergency personnel says Cook was riding a snowmobile and struck a boulder that was hidden under the snow.
He was pronounced dead at the scene from injuries sustained in the accident.
The sheriff’s office says Cook, and the group he was with, were experienced snowmobilers and well-prepared.
First responders from the Wasatch County Search and Rescue Team, the State Parks along with deputies from the Wasatch County Sheriff’s Office all responded to the incident.
- Snowmobiler dies in Summit County after slide down steep hill
- Snowmobile accident claims life of former Wasatch County rescuer
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- Utah safety officials, NAACP, react to death of Tyre Nichols
- Three teens in custody after fight, shooting at Taylorsville High
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Memphis releases video showing police stop that led to Tyre Nichols’ death
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- School choice bill is “limiting” public schools, UEA president says
- Bystander finds dead body in Salt Lake foothills above Beck Street