One person killed in rollover crash in Herriman
Dec 16, 2022, 6:48 AM | Updated: Mar 28, 2023, 5:45 pm
(Photo Credit: Shutterstock)
SALT LAKE COUNTY, Utah — A man has died in an accident on the Mountain View Corridor Friday morning.
According to Commander Brent Adamson with the Herriman Police Department there was a single vehicle rollover on Mountain View and Academy Parkway.
“We responded out this morning on a single car rollover accident, southbound Mountain View Corridor just south of Real Vista Drive approximately 14900 South, there’s one individual deceased.”
According to a witness, the car passed them at a highgate of speed estimated at 100 mph. Confirmed by Sgt. Joshua Jennings of Herriman PD, the car had rolled over a fence and he was dead upon their arrival.
Mountain View Corridor has been closed for several hours southbound and traffic is being redirected at Real Vista parkway.
EB SR 201 To SB Mountain View Off-Ramp Salt Lake Co.
Est. Clearance Time: 6:12 AM
For updates: https://t.co/jaVMw7vcLm
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) December 16, 2022
This is a developing story and will be updated.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- SLC Ballpark ‘Next Design’ competition winners announced
- Here’s how Utah’s 4 congressmen voted on the debt ceiling bill
- Becky Edwards announces her intent to run to represent Utah’s 2nd Congressional District
- The streaming shift from BYUtv to ESPN
- U of U Health, Regence insurance warn they may not reach a contract
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- Sen. Lee says he will vote no on debt ceiling agreement
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows