Calling all Lego lovers! Brickslopes Lego Fan Event is happening in Utah this weekend
Aug 25, 2023, 8:30 PM
(Allan Ringgaard/Courtesy of Lego via AP)
SANDY, Utah — Families, friends and all sorts of people will come together this weekend at the Brickslopes Lego Fan Event at the Mountain America Expo Center in Sandy.
Sponsor and owner of Bricks and Minifigs, Cory Anderson, says they’re expecting more than 8,000 people to attend.
“There’s probably 2,000 vendors. All kinds of Lego brand items as well Lego accessory type items,” Anderson said. “[And] display cases and the individual mini figures. That’s one of our specialties.”
Anderson has two shops, one in Salt Lake City and one in South Jordan. His shops sell Legos all year round.
“It just seemed like the perfect kind of business that’s full of joy, creativity, happy people, and storytelling and lots of opportunity for community involvement,” he said.
This is his seventh year sponsoring the event. He credits the success of the event to what he calls “the creative and fun-loving population” of Utah.
“We just love seeing all the people come with all of their amazing Lego creations and display them,” he said. “You can just get lost in the detail and the creativity that people put into their builds, it’s amazing.”
The event will run through Sunday, Aug. 27. There will be 330 presenters and builders, half of them traveling to the state just for this.
- Man arrested for stealing Legos from Salt Lake and Utah County Target stores
- A Utah tradition: Oktoberfest returns to Snowbird
- The legacy of Blazing Needles; local knitting shop closing after 16 years
- ‘Sharing our culture’: Utahns celebrate Japanese Church of Christ’s first-ever summer festival
- Why you won’t want to miss Raspberry Days at Bear Lake this weekend