UPDATE 7:58 P.M.
ROY UT — Police confirm finding the owner of the home dead inside the remains of the fire. The state fire marshal and medical examiner are still investigating the cause of the fire.
Roy Fire Department respond early Sunday morning
Sunday morning the Roy Fire Department responded to a fully engulfed house fire at about 5 a.m. The fire left the home a complete loss.
Captain Matthew Heslop with the Roy Fire Department said that fire fighters arrived at the home and the house was fully engulfed.
It is reported that the flames were strongest in the garage and living area.
Fire put out by afternoon
Heslop said that the even though the fire is out, the home remains very unstable. Crews are now shoring up the home before they will be able to search inside.
The person who lived in the home was unaccounted for at the time, but an investigation by the state fire marshal is now underway.
- Smith's limiting number of customers in store, closing early Easter Sunday (pageviews: 12066)
- Dr. Anthony Fauci impressed with Utah response to COVID-19, state to train more in contact tracing (pageviews: 5205)
- Governor announces travel restrictions into Utah (pageviews: 5184)
- Catch this week's supermoon, biggest and brightest of year (pageviews: 4365)
- Utah students not likely to return to school any time soon (pageviews: 2818)
- Five additional coronavirus deaths reported in Utah (pageviews: 2173)
- Antibody testing one step closer to tackling COVID-19 in Utah (pageviews: 1502)
- Emergency responders urge tourists to stay home after rescue in Emery County (pageviews: 1109)