Woman found dead in Roy house fire; home ruled complete loss
UPDATE 7:58 P.M.
ROY UT — Police confirm finding the owner of the home dead inside the remains of the fire. The state fire marshal and medical examiner are still investigating the cause of the fire.
Roy Fire Department respond early Sunday morning
Sunday morning the Roy Fire Department responded to a fully engulfed house fire at about 5 a.m. The fire left the home a complete loss.
Captain Matthew Heslop with the Roy Fire Department said that fire fighters arrived at the home and the house was fully engulfed.
It is reported that the flames were strongest in the garage and living area.
Fire put out by afternoon
Heslop said that the even though the fire is out, the home remains very unstable. Crews are now shoring up the home before they will be able to search inside.
The person who lived in the home was unaccounted for at the time, but an investigation by the state fire marshal is now underway.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Transit Authority closes Ballpark Station due to debris on tracks
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- 21-year-old man sentenced for multiple sex crimes
- BYU engineering students put ‘world’s smallest Book of Mormon’ on 4 inch disc
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- The Queen Center
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Annual Golden Key Awards presented to local businesses
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- Stay Home