Summer isn’t over: record breaking heat in Utah this week
Aug 29, 2022, 9:45 AM | Updated: Sep 23, 2022, 12:54 pm
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah will see four to five triple digits degree days this week. Since the heat won’t stop, summer may not either. The National Weather Service may keep counting our triple-digit days after the end of august.
— Matthew Johnson (@KSL_Matt) August 29, 2022
The National Weather Service usually consider summer over at the end of August and the end of our triple-digit heat record. However, now they may just need to count the 100 degree days that spill into September. An expected three days of triple degree heat in September will increase Utah’s heat record for the summer above 28 days.
Since the beginning of the record keeping in the beehive state, there has only ever been three days of this type of heat in September, now in 2022, Utah will catch back up and tie that record.
- Record heat bakes the Salt Lake Valley; heat record tied
- With the summer heat, comes health concerns and needed help for vulnerable
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Salt Lake City traffic stop leads to drug bust, illegal gun recovered
- Utah safety officials, NAACP, react to death of Tyre Nichols