Valley Fire at 40 percent contained, all evacuations lifted
OGDEN, Utah — Fire crews battling the Valley Fire continued to make progress on the blaze.
According to the Utah Fire Info, the size of the fire is 15 acres and is 40% contained.
#ValleyFire resources are making progress in Ogden, UT despite the triple digit heat wave. The fire is at 40% containment and 15 acres. Fire danger risk is high to extreme across most of Utah. Get your fire information at https://t.co/VquKBoG5Nd and use your #FireSense #FFSLKW pic.twitter.com/Dma5Th8ZkI
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) September 7, 2022
Despite resources working throughout the night, Utah Fire Info says that fire activity increased around midnight. That led to 10 homes being evacuated. However, no structures were lost.
Those evacuations were lifted Wednesday afternoon. Just after the fire started up Tuesday afternoon, evacuations were ordered for at least 25 homes. Those evacuations were lifted around 9 p.m. Tuesday night.
The cause of the Valley Fire is still under investigation.
- Fire at Orem Temple site believed to be arson, ATF offers reward
- I-80 West closed due to Semi truck crash with fire
- Structure fire in Summit County burns down three barns
- A fire in South Ogden causes about $500,000 in damage
Today’s Top Stories
- Pedestrian killed on NB I-15 in Ogden, another in critical condition
- Father and son found dead inside West Jordan home
- Evan McMullin sues super PAC, three Utah news stations for defamatory ad
- Gov. Cox appoints John Luthy to the Utah State Court of Appeals
- Judge dismisses lawsuit alleging OB-GYN sexually assaulted over 100 women
- Three schools in Tooele went into lockdown Tuesday afternoon
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Letters from death row: The writing campaign of Doug Lovell
- Intermountain Healthcare and Zipline launch drone delivery service