We can now see what Utahns thought of Republican Senator Mitt Romney during the lead-up to the impeachment proceedings, courtesy of the latest polls.
Morning Consult polled Utahns in the last quarter of 2019. That’s while Romney was talking about President Trump’s dealings with Ukraine.
There was an 8% drop in his approval rating among Republicans in the most recent Mitt Romney polls. It went from 65% in the third quarter to 57% in the last quarter.
But support among Democrats went up from 42 to 46% over the same time for the Utah Republican.
Overall, 48% of Utahns approved of the job Romney is doing. That is higher than for Utah’s other senator, Mike Lee, also a Republican. He had a 46% approval rating.
Morning Consult will do another poll for the first quarter of 2020. It will measure how Utahns feel about what is happening right now. Romney is one of a few GOP senators who want to hear from witnesses in the Senate trial.
- Ex-police chief speaks out on shooting of 13-year-old Linden Cameron | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 4562)
- Grand jury indicts 1 police officer in Breonna Taylor death (pageviews: 1986)
- Utah County passes mask mandate effective immediately | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1736)
- Provo, Orem to move to "orange" during COVID-19 uptick (pageviews: 1648)
- Utah County passes mask mandate effective immediately (pageviews: 1611)
- Navajo to extend weekend lockdown because of new virus cases | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1442)
- Sen. Mitt Romney says he will not block a vote on SCOTUS nominee (pageviews: 1283)
- Ex-police chief speaks out on shooting of 13-year-old Linden Cameron (pageviews: 1262)